A. WHAT IS MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY?
TYPES OF MUSCULAR DYSTROPHIES
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD)
- Congenital Muscular Dystrophy (CMD)
- Distal Muscular Dystrophy (DD)
- Emery-Dreifuss Muscular Dystrophy (EDMD)
- Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy (LGMD)
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD)
- Moytonic Dystrophy (DM)
- Oculopharyngeal Muscular Dystrophy (OPMD)
CAUSES OF MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
Muscle weakness is generally caused when the cells that are used to sustain the muscles are no longer capable for their functionality. This, furthermore, leads to increasing weak points of the muscles and its disorder. The causes of Muscular dystrophy are as follows:
Muscular Dystrophy can be classified in these 3 ways -
B. STEM CELL THERAPY FOR MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY
Stem Cell Therapy has a promising potential to transmit progressive muscle proteins and restore the stem pool, thus, being the right muscular dystrophy treatment in India approach due to MD’s for deteriorative nature.
Stem cells have the capacity to convert into any type of body cell and undergo self regeneration.
The capacity of adult muscle to undertake renewal is largely credited to a distinctive subpopulation of muscle cells, called satellite cells. These cells are believed to be the chief cell type associated with skeletal muscle regeneration.
Stem cell treatment for muscular dystrophy contributes to tissue remodelling, inflammation reduction and prevention of cell death.
Muscular dystrophy treatment in India follows this mechanism:
- Differentiation and cell fusions
- Secretion of cytokines
- Increase oxygen supply and contribute to vascularisation in the damaged area
THE NEUROGEN OUTCOME
THE OVERALL IMPROVEMENTS THAT ARE SEEN IN PATIENTS AFTER CELL THERAPY ARE
- Increased trunk muscle strength
- Limb strength on manual muscle testing and balance
- Improvements in ambulation
- Improved hand function
- Increase in stamina
- Better trunk balance
TREATMENTS THAT FOLLOW
- Occupational Therapy
- Dietary Modifications
- Art Based Therapies
- Aquatic Therapy
- Sensory Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Special Education
- Group Therapies / Motivational Workshops